- What data is collected?
- How is your data collected?
- How is your data used?
- How is your data stored?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- How are cookies used?
- What types of cookies are used?
- How are cookies managed?
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact My Bike or Hike
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What Data is Collected?
My BikeorHike collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (name, email address and/or contact phone number)
- Card or other information necessary to process payment transactions
How is Data Collected
You directly provide MyBikeorHike with most of the data collected. Your data is collected and processed when you:
- Register online or place an order for products or services
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback through message boards, email, online review sites or social media channels
- Use or view the website via your browser’s cookies
- Sign up to the newsletter
MyBikeorHike may also receive data indirectly from the following sources:
- Online booking channels such as Fareharbor
- Online Travel Agencies and Affiliates, such as Tripadvisor, Musement, Expedia, and others, with which MybikeorHike has a contractual agreement to sell products and services
- Social Media channels such as Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram and Twitter
- Online review sites such as Tripadvisor, Google and Viator
How is Your Data Used?
MyBikeorHike collects your data so that it can:
- Process bookings
- Email you special offers on other products and services it thinks you might like
- Email you via newsletter to inform you of news and developments that it thinks would be of interest to you
When MyBikeorHike processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How is Your Data Stored?
MyBikeorHike securely stores your personal contact information, that is name, contact phone number and/or email address for a period of 12 months, after which the information will be erased unless you request or agree otherwise. This information is stored in a Microsoft One Drive Folder which is secured using encryption software and access to which is secured using an authenticator application.
Third party organisations are also use to store certain data, as follows:
- Mailchimp – the name and email address you provided will be stored for the purpose of sending you information that may be of interest to you. This information is securely stored until such time as you unsubscribe
MyBikeorHike would like to send you information about its products and services that you might like.
What Are Your Data Protection Rights?
MyBikeorHike would like to make sure that you are fully aware of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request MyBikeorHike for copies of your personal data. You may be charged a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that MyBikeorHike correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request MyBikeorHike to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that MyBikeorHike erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that MyBikeorHike restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to MyBikeorHike’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that MyBikeorHike transfer the data that it has collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, you will receive a response within one month. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact MyBikeorHike –
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone: +353868145461
- In writing: MyBikeorHike, Saggart Abbey, D24N9F5, Ireland
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect Internet log information and visitor behaviout information. When you visit the website, information from you may be automatically collected through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
How Are Cookies Used?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, the website uses:
- Functionality – MyBikeorHike uses these cookies so that you are recognized on the website and your previously selected preferences are remembered. These could include what language you prefer and the location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are uses
- Advertising – MyBikeorHike uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to the website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. MyBikeorHike sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. Online data collected through cookies with advertising partners may also be shared. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on the website.
How to Manage Cookies
You can set your browser to not accept cookies, or to limit to cookies to a specific selection specified by you, or to limit to cookies that are deemed essential only. However, in some cases, this will mean that some website features will not function as a result.
How to Contact MyBikeorHike
Write: MyBikeorHike, Saggart Abbey, D24N9F5, Ireland
How to Contact the Appropriate Authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that MyBikeorHike has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office:
6 Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2, D02 W773.
Phone: +353-1-639 5689