Old Dublin Tour
Price €15.00 per person
Follow in the Footsteps of the Vikings and Normans and Discover Secrets of Dublin’s Mirky Past!
On this tour your will circumnavigate the old city of Dublin established by the Vikings over a thousand years ago, and follow the line of the old Norman city wall from the 13th century. You will hear stories of medieval Dublin and how it developed, while viewing the original structures, many of which are still intact today. Whether you like medieval history or would just like to peak into the city’s past while traipsing though its present, this tour is just for you!
- Dublin Castle
- Dubh Linn Garden
- Inner City Wall
- Birthplace of Jonathan Swift
- Dunlop Tyre Factory
- St. Patrick’s Cathedral & Park
- Marsh’s Library
- St. Nicholas of Myra Church
- Lamb Alley & The Liberties
- Brazen Head (Oldest Pub in Dublin)
- Outer City Wall
- St. Audoen’s Park & Church
- Christchurch Cathedral & Wood Quay
- Darkey Kelly’s & Handel’s Hotel
- Fishamble St.
- Smock Alley Theatre
- Isolde’s Tower
- Werburgh St
- Per person: €15
- Teenagers upto 16 years old half price!
- Kids go free!
We need a minimum of 4 people in order to run the tour. We will be in touch if we don’t meet the minimum to reschedule, or to agree an appropriate surcharge
- Distance: 3.3km / 2 miles
- Capacity: from 4 (minimum) to 15 (maximum) people
- Availability: weekdays all year around
- Start Times: on the hour every hour, from 9am to 4pm
- Private local guide
- Food & drink
Key to Skill/Fitness Levels:
Guests should be in general good health with a basic level of fitness, able to walk at a leisurely pace for upto 3 hours with regular rest stops
Guests should be in general good health with a good level of fitness, able to walk, hike or cycle at a moderate pace for upto 5 hours with regular rest stops
Guests should be in general good health with a strong level of fitness, able to walk, hike or cycle at a moderate pace for over 5 hours with occasional rest stops