From €47.50 per person, including bike & equipment hire
Full Day Guided Bike Tour Along the Grand Canal Greenways and Through Historic Towns and Villages
This is a full day guided bike tour along quiet roads, cycle paths and tow paths of the Grand Canal and the Arthur Guinness Way.
Visit the newly opened Malt to Vault Exhibition in Ardclough Village, homestead of Arthur Guinness himself; stop off for lunch at a 19th century period house.
From there, pedal along the towpath passing the barge dwellings moored along the canal, before reaching the historic town of Celbridge where Arthur himself first learned his trade, and hear stories of old such as Jonathan Swift and a secret affair!
Cycle through the newly upgraded greenway through the 18th Century Castle Town House and Estate. Here, a short visit inside the Palladian style house offers a welcome rest from the saddle and an informative insight into aristocratic past life.
Returning towards the canal via a different route, you will enjoy quiet, timeless country road dedicated to cycling!
Visit Oughterard Church and Graveyard, the resting place of Arthur and his family, before following safe and dedicated cycle paths through the historic villages of Kill and Johnstown and returning to Naas.
This is a full day tour jamb packed with history, fun and scenic views.
- Capacity: from 2 (minimum) to 10 (maximum) persons
- Availability: Weekdays from March to October
- Ability and confidence to ride a bike in a rural environment
- Must have a good level of fitness and be in good health
- Minimum Age 16
- Start time: 10am
- Private Groups
- Private local guide
- Bikes and safety equipment (if required)
- Visit to the Malt to Vault Exhibit (subject to opening times)
- Visit to Castletown House (subject to opening times)
- Naas Moat
- Abbey Graveyard
- Grand Canal Towpath (Naas Branch)
- Grand Canal Greenway
- Historic Town of Sallins
- Visit to Malt to Vault Exhibit
- Lunch at Cliff at Lyons
- The 13th Lock
- Arthur’s Way
- Visit to Castletown House
- Sli na Dala, Ancient Road
- Oughterard Church and Graveyard
- Historic Town of Kill
- Historic Town of Johnstown
- Return to Lawlor’s Hotel
Duration – 7 to 8 Hours approx.
Skill/Fitness Level: Advanced