Hike Along Sea Cliffs, Nature Trails in a Historic Headland Just a Stone’s Throw from the City
- Distance: 12.5km / 8 miles
- Duration: Approx. 6-7 hours (including stops for snacks, lunch and transport by bus / train to and from meeting location)
- Capacity: from 2 (minimum) to 15 (maximum) people
- Availability: Weekdays all year around
- Start Times: hourly from 8am to 11 am
Less than an hour from the city centre, travel along Dublin’s north coastline and come off the beaten track for a spectacular hike in this popular and historic headland.
From close to the city centre, take a bus or train along a coastal route to arrive at the historic fishing village of Howth
Embark on a hike of approx 4 hours duration with a variety of terrain and scenery and learn about the the fascinating history of the headland.
Choose to lunch in a local pub or bring your own packed lunch to eat al fresco to stunning views.
Sample the sites and sounds of the historic fishing village before returning to the city by bus or train
- Historic fishing village
- Sea cliff walk overlooking the Irish Sea and Dublin Bay
- The first gas-lit lighthouse in the world
- Trek narrow trails through a variety of flora
- Pass through secluded coves
- Scale the headland and enjoy stunning panoramic views
- Rhododendron Gardens
- 12th Century Castle
- Efficient, clean and safe transport to and from the city